The Tourism Promotions Board (TPB) Philippines invites foreign buyers and Philippine sellers to the virtual edition of the Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX) on 22 to 24 September 2020 via www.phitex.ph.
With the theme “PHITEX Pivots: Business UNusual”, what makes this year’s PHITEX even more exciting is the hybrid aspect in which Philippine sellers will get a first-hand experience of travel in the new normal as the island of Panglao in Bohol will be its official venue for the virtual networking with international buyers where strict safety protocols are implemented to ensure participants’ well-being.
PHITEX, the country’s biggest government-organized travel trade event, hosts qualified buyers from all over the world to participate in an online tabletop business appointment with Philippine sellers and experience Philippine tourism destinations through virtual tours with an end-goal of increasing tourist arrivals in the country. Over the years, PHITEX has become a major annual marketing event that further strengthens the country’s brand image and encourages participants to promote affordable and competitive tourism packages.
“We are taking this opportunity to harness the digital platform to explore new opportunities and markets for PHITEX,” states TPB Chief Operating Officer Maria Anthonette C. Velasco-Allones. “We are confident that as we reach out to tourism market stakeholders from all over the world with the latest Philippine tourism offerings, we will be able to gradually reopen our country for visitors and spur the recovery of the industry.”
Here are the key features of this year’s virtual PHITEX:
1. Set up B2B appointments. PHITEX features a virtualization of TRAVEX, which allows Philippine sellers and foreign buyers to set or attend pre- arrange appointments. Network effectively and close the deal, without leaving your home office!
2. Tourism in the New Normal. Keep abreast of the latest on travel trade in the context of the global new normal through a series of webinars, interview sessions and roundtable discussions with key industry players.
3. Take a virtual tour of Manila. Experience the Philippines’ Capital City in a specially curated virtual tour showcasing the unique fusion of old world and new culture.
4. Test your mettle. Win prizes in Philippines 360, a series of online games and quizzes that deal with Philippine culture and the arts, as well as topics discussed in PHITEX sessions.
5. Press play. Review event highlights or enrich the experience with the Videos on Demand, an online gallery of content such as tourism marketing videos, highlights of past TPB events, links to film tourism with English subtitles, cooking videos, travel videos and more.
6. Revisit Bohol. On 25-27 September, PHITEX sellers get a memorable immersion as they experience Bohol in the new normal through post-tour of heritage and ecotourism sites across its countryside.
7. Experience the Philippines. Approved foreign buyers get a first-hand taste of Philippine sights, food, culture and heritage with PHITEX post-tours in hand- picked destinations across the country. Lined up among the options are: Baguio, Bicol, Boracay, El Nido, Coron, Bohol, and Banaue/ Sagada.
Registration is free of charge. Interested buyers and sellers may register via www.phitex.ph where qualified participants will receive an access code to the event. DOT-accredited suppliers of Philippine tourism products and services as well as TPB members are given registration priority.