Premium all-in-one delivery app launches in the Philippines
Looks like a unicorn, sounds like a “kangaroo,” and this new app might just be the delivery app that’s best for you, (hmm. that rhymes a bit).
The other day, I attended the online launch of a new premium all-in-one lifestyle delivery app called PICK.A.ROO, the first start- up investment of AGILE Digital Ventures” the technology and digital investment arm of property giant, Megaworld. And if you live in one of their properties of visited one of Megaworld malls, then I’m sure you have an idea why they can claim to be a premium delivery service.
As the country’s first homegrown premium delivery app, created and managed fully by experienced executives from top local and global brands and a proudly all-Filipino team, these are focal points of our brand:
- Quality over quantity: Shop directly from a curated roster of local and international merchants that are all registered and verified businesses.
- On-demand & scheduled delivery options: Have your favorite products delivered right now or schedule it for up to three days in advance.
- Hygiene & safety: Get peace of mind with PICK.A.ROO’s strict hygiene and safety protocols which include rapid testing of all our over 1500 shoppers and riders, thermal scanner checks, and constant disinfecting of delivery bags. All riders and shoppers are provided clinical-grade face shields and masks.
- Multiple payment options: Powered by PayMaya, you can make payments throughcredit card, debit card, or e-wallets. You can also pay with cash upon delivery, which customers must place in clear money bags provided by the rider, to comply with the contact-free policy.
- Single checkout: Order from multiple shops and pay all at once with PICK.A.ROO’s simplified single check-out process. This feature will be available as an update soon.
- Drive-through or Curbside pick-up: New check-out options to be rolled out in the next app updates.Everyone’s essential needs have changed since the pandemic. To meet these changes, PICK.A.ROO did intensive research with over 500 premium users, as a way to help us understand how to make a better experience out of staying at home. Here are the top categories in the app, based on the results of the research:
PICK.A.ROO aims to help urban consumers transition to the new normal, stress-free and conveniently.
The closed beta version of PICK.A.ROO will be available on August 8, Saturday, for the first 188 invite-only users exclusively. This safe, hygienic, and contact-free delivery service brings only the best brands and products they love straight from the store to their doors.
“With PICK.A.ROO, people residing in key cities will be able to access over 300 PICK.A.ROO – approved brands and shop all their must-haves in one seamless app; from Apple products, gourmet hotel food, local IG-trends, and Michelin-star restaurants, to daily essentials like groceries, medicine, home and kitchen, and all your stay-at-home needs. We want to differentiate and empower high-quality local brands and premium retailers by creating a curated online space for them” says Crystal Gonzalez, PICK.A.ROO CEO and Co-founder.
“Even before this pandemic, we spent the entire year researching and planning a fresh concept that bridges the gap between premium offline brands and the growing online segment. With this vision in mind, we decided that to be able to create a unique all-in-one and on-demand premium delivery experience, we had to build our own homegrown start-up and redefine the Filipino’s shopping experience,” shares Kevin Tan, Founder of PICK.A.ROO.
PICK.A.ROO was thoughtfully created with the local community’s needs at its core. This is something we stand by, not only where our users are concerned, but to our entire team as well. Given the current conditions of the world, where safety and hygiene are of utmost importance now more than ever, FWD Life Philippines will provide life insurance to all our riders and personal shoppers. On top of providing protection, a financial literacy program will be rolled out too.
Included in the growing list of PICK.A.ROO-approved establishments and brands are Central by Landers Supermarket, S&R, Manila Marriott Hotel, Sheraton Manila, Shangri-La at the Fort, Tim Ho Wan, Kam’s Roast, Hawker Chan and Tsuta, The Grid, Wolfgang’s Steakhouse, Paradise Dynasty, Las Flores, The Test Kitchen by Chef Josh Boutwood, The Parenting Emporium, Mothercare, Bodum, Gourdo’s, Joseph Joseph, MedExpress, Beyond the Box, and a Farm-to- Table initiative through Pickaroo’s Fresh Buys, among others.
After downloading the PICK.A.ROO app on iOS or Android, users can quickly sign up by using their mobile numbers. The app’s easy-to-use interface is designed to suit all customers in need of the service, whatever age they may be. Users can also select their preferred mode of communication: Viber, WhatsApp, SMS. Voice call from our PICK.A.ROO shoppers or riders are also available, as well as access to the live chat concierge in-app.
Users will be able to order from establishments with up to 10-kilometer radius from their location. This will give customers more options and also give retailers wider reach and sales growth. Introductory service fee starts at a very reasonable rate of Php168 per delivery (P80 delivery fee and shopper fees at P88).
PICK.A.ROO will be opening up the app to more users in key cities in Metro Manila starting August 18, 2020,. The community can be part of PICK.A.ROO’s journey and vote for their favorite brands at www.pickaroo.com and the cities they want the app to launch next by voting through a live online poll on www.facebook.com/pickarooph or www.instagram.com/pickarooapp.
You can download PICK.A.ROO on Play Store / Google Play (for Android) and App Store ( for Apple).
For more information on PICK.A.ROO and our brand partners, visit www.pickaroo.com.