If you were a kid in the 90’s and a basketball fan, your childhood can be summarized in two words SPACE JAM.
Who would have thought that the future G.O.A.T. Michael Jordan will be partnering with the RABBIT–i mean BUGS BUNNY in what would go down in history as one of the most iconic sports films of all time. a now iconic movie basketball movie brought and Bugs Bunny together to make one of the greatest sports films of all time, so we went to Moron Mountain and back searching for the most out of this world facts.
And believe it or not the entire premise of Space Jam was all based around one commercial dubbed HARE JORDAN which featured Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan joining up to work over the competition in a pickup game of 2v4 hoops.
Here are five other fun facts you might not know about SPACE JAM: (SOURCE)
- The Jordan Dome: Before MJ agreed to star in Space Jam, he had one big stipulation that was a make or break for his involvement: Warner Bros. needed to guarantee it could provide an NBA-grade training facility for Jordan to workout in throughout filming. The studio delivered, and the Jordan Dome was born. The Jordan Dome is every bit as epic as it looks and sounds. Within the enormous white tent was a state of the art field house replete with an entire gym’s worth of state of the art exercise equipment and a full basketball court.
2. The Soundtrack was an Epic ‘Jam’: With songs like “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly; “Fly Like an Eagle” by Seal; “Hit ‘Em High (The Monstars Anthem)” by B-Real, Busta Rhymes, Coolio, LL Cool J and Method Man…all of the big names came together to make an awesome collaborations and the result is an album that peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and had already gone double platinum by January 1997. Keep in mind, the movie hit theaters in November 1996!By 2001, the soundtrack hit platinum six times over.
3. MJ Fox or a Chevy: Director Joe Pytka revealed he originally wanted Michael J. Fox or Chevy chase for the role played by Wayne Knight.
4. The debut of Lola: While most of the cast were familiar characters from the Loonyverse like Bugs, Daffy, Porky, there was one Tune Squad member that made her animated debut in the movie–Lola Bunny. One of the new recruits who joins the Tune Squad, Lola Bunny, really is meeting all of her star-studded animated cast for the first time.
5. Warner Bros maintained the original website for more than two decades: It’s been over two decades since Space Jam first hit theaters in November 1996. To promote the film, Warner Bros. bought spacejam.com in March earlier that year. Up until the promotion of the new movie, the original site had still been up and running since its inception–and nothing was changed.
With the long-awaited sequel Space Jam: A New Legacy coming next month, its the perfect time to relive your favorite 90’s memories–complete with the big shirts with the launch of this new apparel from Ispi.
Inspi is launching its’s 90s Space Jam 2 collection on Shopee and your classic Looney Tune squad is back on the court to play a part in your wardrobe story this brand day sale on June 14!
Choose your favorite player and snag them out your screen while stocks last for a big discount of up to 50% off.
Got excited? Wait, there’s more! You can even get a chance to win up to P200k worth of prizes when you wear any of these awesome shirts and join their #InspiDanceChallenge now on Tiktok.
So make sure to add to cart on and check out your Space Jam Shirts on June 14, 2021 at Shopee Mall’s INSPI Store!
Inspi is your graphic go to brand that sells affordable yet premium tops and bottoms at a low cost. Keeping it simple yet stylish, Inspi provides varieties of designs ranging from oversized shirts to your casual comfies and so much more! They also offer exclusive designs licensed from Disney and Warner Bros. bringing your favorite characters to life.