Travel and Philippine tourism gained the spotlight as Pinoy TikTok content creators kick-started the latest dance challenge, #GoCreatePH, which was launched by the Department of Tourism (DOT) last February 24, 2020.
The beauty of Cebu and Bohol was captured through uniquely created TikTok videos from the perspectives of: Chierald Tan, Michael Joseph Uy, Simon Joseph Javier, Pamela Evangelista, Sairalen Brual, Lennie Enverga, Alyssa Profeta, Alicia Rigonan, Shaine Buhat, Chairein Kris Cordoviz, Kimberly Dianne Vinson Ilag, Pamela Reyes, Nelson Morato, Duke De Castro, Ian Carl De Jesus, Cedric Rosal, Carla Zara, and Amber Miles.
“TikTok supports the Department of Tourism in its unrelenting efforts to boost the local tourism. Our creators are happy to lend their talents and be part of this campaign to kickstart the #GoCreatePH challenge. We are looking forward to hundreds, if not thousands, of creative executions and show users around the globe that the Philippines is a fun place to be — from our majestic mountains and shores to the genius and creativity of Filipinos,” said TikTok Philippines Operations and Community Manager John Castro.
DOT is the first Philippine government agency to partner with TikTok and utilize the platform to boost tourism in the country. The partnership, forged in December 2019, is a perfect marriage of each party’s campaign: TikTok’s ongoing global campaign #TikTokTravel which aims to capture feel-good and meaningful travel moments; and DOT’s umbrella campaign “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” which aims to showcase the best of the Philippines.
“The DOT is always looking for new, fresh, and definitely fun ways to tell everyone that ‘It’s More Fun in the Philippines’,” said DOT Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat. “We can’t wait to see all the different creative and entertaining ways our fellow Filipinos shine the spotlight on our beautiful country.”
Join the #GoCreatePH Challenge!
Showcase the best of your province with these easy steps:
- A dance challenge requires power moves. Not a dancer? Believe in yourself and let your personality shine through.
- Transition from one location to another. The more seamless, the better. Respect hallowed places such as churches, cemeteries, and memorial sites of war.
- Identify each location through Tiktok’s geotagging feature.
- Change your outfits for maximum effect.
- Caption your video with the hashtags #GoCreatePH, #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines, and #TikTokTravel until March 31, 2020.
The most creative and viral videos will be rewarded with exciting prizes from DOT.
Get inspiration from these awesome creators:
- Simon Joseph Javier https://vt.tiktok.com/jRtyjE/
- Yanyan de Jesus https://vt.tiktok.com/jRvKPc/
- Sai Datinguinoo https://vt.tiktok.com/jRncPs/