For the avid Kapamilya fan, the ABS-CBN’s Studio Experience is as real as it could get. Be a reality show contestant, an action star, get a video call from a Kapamilya star, or meet one in person in the studio city.
Okay, before we get into the specifics, and to manage your expectations. THIS IS NOT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Nor does it aim to be. The first ever ABS-CBN Studio Experience, or Studio XP is just a 1,500 meter space at the 4th floor of the Trinoma Activity Center which compared to Universal Studios Theme Park is probably just the size of one of the restos. I am not discouraging you from checking out Studio XP because like I said its one of the best places to bring your balikbayan relatives who are hooked on TFC–but think of it more as a KIDZANIA for ADULTS and you won’ be disappointed.
Have you ever dreamt of being a “Pinoy Big Brother” housemate, wondered who among “The Voice” judges would turn if you audition, or wanted to try the Fast Talk questions in “Tonight With Boy Abunda”? You now have a chance to experience what it is like to be in your favorite TV program as the country’s leading media and entertainment network opens the ABS-CBN Studio Experience, or Studio XP, which opens tomorrow, Sunday (September 16).
According to ABS-CBN Themed Experiences Inc. head Cookie Bartolome, the new Studio XP is divided into three parts—Reality, Fantasy, and Retail Studios—with 15 attractions and full scale set reconstructions crafted to present a jam-packed ABS-CBN experience in a one-stop site.
“We took inspiration from Kapamilyas who are curious and eager to feel what it’s like to be inside the network’s studios. The vision was really to bring ABS-CBN closer to the people,” Cookie shared.
Inside the Reality Studio, visitors get to be a participant in various Kapamilya shows: such as a housemate doing tasks in “Pinoy Big Brother” Breakout under Kuya’s guidance, and a contestant beating the time at “Minute To Win It”: The Experience to become the Last Man Standing.
Check out our event photos here:
More delight awaits visitors at the “The Voice” Open Mic. Find out who among the virtual coaches—Bamboo, Lea Salonga, Sarah Geronimo, and Sharon Cuneta—will turn as blind auditionees sing their hearts out
Star Lab visitors will take the spotlight as they dabble in singing duets and perform dramatic scenes with Kapamilya artists, throw punchlines with the cast of “Goin’ Bulilit,” and take the hot seat in “Tonight With Boy Abunda’s” Fast Talk.
Others can try behind-the-scenes Studio XP challenges, such as the role of a TV crew member in “It’s Showtime” Director’s Booth where they get to orchestrate a variety show, with all the excitement, tension, and drama of live production.
Guests will also enjoy the intimate 80-seater Kapamilya Theater where they get to watch 4D movies, live shows, and other events, or compete in a multiplayer game with “Misyon: Ang Probinsyano” (a patintero-based game) or the “Ang Propesiya: La Luna Sangre” (an agawan base game). They can also watch the country’s first and only 4D production—“ASAP 4D”— an exclusive offering of the Kapamilya Theater.
During random times, Kapamilyas may also receive a surprise, live video call from an ABS-CBN star through the Celebrity Calling booth.
The Fantasy Studio, meanwhile, provides more thrilling attractions for the adventure-seeker, such as the Action Academy, an obstacle course offering stunt trainees a chance to compete in speed and strength ala Cardo Dalisay or Darna.
The ARX—an augmented reality game—allows group of participants to beat out virtual monsters together in an exciting match, while guests 12 years old and below will enjoy the expansive Superheroes Playground, along with other select Studio XP attractions.
Visitors of the sprawling, 1,400 sqm-studio city are all welcomed at the Walk of Fame leading to the Heritage Hall where they get to see vintage memorabilia and broadcasting equipment, including the Millennium Transmitter, one of the network’s most recognized symbol.
Keepsakes are abundant inside as aside from the #Starsnaps photo booth, where guests can have pictures with their favorite celebs, and the Star Catcher, a claw machine containing autographed items from Kapamilya stars, they can also avail of unique finds at the Retail Studio featuring the hottest ABS-CBN Store merchandise.
To cap the whole Kapamilya experience, visitors should gobble on the new Heroes Burger offerings. The organic burger joint has Pinoy Komiks-themed food products, featuring the well-loved characters of Darna, Captain Barbell, and Lastikman.
Guests can enjoy Studio XP at affordable rates, with XPass Prime tickets priced at P375 for first-timers and at P350 for returning guests with access to all attractions except #Starsnaps and Star Catcher. There is also the XPass Lite option at P300 for first-timers and at P275 for returning visitors which excludes access to the Kapamilya Theater, #Starsnaps and Star Catcher. Be prepared to spend about two and a half hours in a shift to take full advantage of the fun inside.
So how do you maximize those two hours?
Last Thursday we got to explore Studio XP, and I’d like to share some tips so you can enjoy those two hours.
- Come in groups of four: Since most attractions require four players Pinoy Big Brother Escape Room, Minute to Win It, ARX at least you’d be playing as one team.
- If you are coming with children, head over to the ARX zone first. Its located at the farther end of Studio XP just past the Celebrity Calling booth and look to your left for the stairs going up! Most people will probably be cramped up at the Big Brother Escape room since its the first attraction you’ll see when you enter followed by the Kapamilya Theater. So its better to check out the attractions at the far end first.
- There are NO RESTROOMS inside the Studio XP so better do your personal necessities before entering.
- Schedule or book ahead, there are only several shifts each day and you’d want to maximize your visit so its best to book ahead as there is no assurance for walk-ins.
- The Studio XP can accommodate around 200 people per shift. So it can get pretty crowded. Unless you really want to try out the 4D studio, Il save it for last. Unless you are an ASAP fan of singing and dancing, you might want to check out the other features.
- Check out the activity list and plan ahead that way you can prioritize the ones you really like. YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TRY EVERYTHING ON YOUR FIRST VISIT. If you love to sing, try out The Voice. The Big Brother Escape room is simple but can be frustrating if you don’t know your Star Cinema movies… and that famous folk song. If you have kids then you’d probably want to bring them to the Action Academy. Again its best to plan ahead so you wont be wasting a lot of time lining up.
- TRY THE HEROES BURGER!!!! At P129 for a Captain Barbell Double burger you can never go wrong! It already comes with fries and soda so even if you aren’t entering Studio XP, its a great takeout–plus its made from organic beef and chargrilled! Food and drinks are not allowed so its best to order it once you exit.
Visit the new ABS-CBN Studio Experience, located at the 4F of Ayala Malls TriNoma. Follow the ABS-CBN Studio Experience on Facebook, Instagram (@abscbnstudioxp) or visit studioexperience.abs-cbn.com to check the shift schedule and avail tickets online.