When I was young, I always thought heavy equipment machinery were colored green. Because just like a lot of kids of my generation our first encounter with these big giant equipment like tractors, dump trucks, excavators, etc were either through Tonka Toys or those Decepticon Robots that combine to form Devastator.
So when a big construction site began near our place, I was surprised that most of them were yellow but still I eagerly awaited for those trucks to get together and form one giant robot to get things done even quicker.
They never did, and I would soon learn that these large machines were not only dirty and noisy, they also often caused accidents because they were quite difficult to control. All that however seems to be a thing of the past, especially with the new technology I saw in the new Caterpillar excavator a couple of weeks ago.
Monark Equipment Corporation, the official dealer and importer of Caterpillar machines to the Philippines, recently launched its newest ground-breaking offerings; The Next Generation Cat Excavators 320 and 320GC at the Megatent Libis, Quezon City.
Specifically, the 320 excavator boasts the industry’s highest level of standard factory-equipped technology to boost productivity, efficiency and safety. These excavators aim to help various industries in the Philippines who depend on heavy equipment, such as excavators, for their projects and daily production.
And for them to have a better understanding and appreciation of this new equipment’s features and its capacity to ‘do more with less’, here’s a list of some key features packed in The Next Generation Cat Excavators 320.
Here are seven reasons how Cat Excavators can do more with less:
1.Cat 2D Grade with Assist- These smart excavators are equipped with Cat 2D Grade with Assist Technology which offers precision and automation in achieving target depth, slope and horizontal distance to grade. It also helps operators to reach its desired grade quickly and efficiently without the need for stakes and job inspectors. The Bucket and Boom Assist automates boom, stick and bucket movements, so operators stay on grade simply and effortlessly.
2. Cat E-fence Technology The equipment’s E-fence feature is programed using an advance on-board touch display inside the operator’s cabin. The technology enables the machine to work safely under confined structures such as working in between building walls, under electric posts or even on highways near moving vehicles by preventing any part of the excavator from moving outside the operator’s defined working space.
3. Cat Payload Technology Cat Payload offers real-time on-board weighing, integrated on the Cat 320 at the factory. The technology delivers precise load targets and increased loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time payload measurements thus increasing the operator’s efficiency and eliminating costly repairs or breakdown of dump trucks due to overloading.
4. Cat LINK Technology Cat LINK™ connects the jobsites to the office thus providing customers with real-time equipment operating information such as current location, fuel consumption, working hours, alerts for critical-fault codes for efficient and effective equipment maintenance.
5. Smart mode The new Smart mode operation automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, optimizing both fuel consumption and performance. Engine speed is automatically lowered when there is no hydraulic demand to further reduce fuel usage, which obviously equates to more savings for the company.
6. New Cooling system
More efficient than single-fan systems, the new cooling system employs multiple electric fans, which independently monitor hydraulic oil, radiator and air-to-air aftercooler temperatures to deliver the exact airflow required.
7. Improved Filters Featuring higher dirt capacity, the new Cat hydraulic return filter boasts a 3,000-hour service life, a 50 percent increase over previous filters. A new Cat air filter with integrated pre-cleaner and primary and secondary filters extends service life to 1,000 hours, a 100 percent increase over previous designs, while a new fuel tank cap filter extends service life to 2,000 hours. The three fuel system filters each offer a 500-hour service interval. All daily maintenance checks for engine oil, fuel water separator, fuel tank water and sediment, and cooling system level are performed from ground level, making the routine faster, easier and safer. Consolidated filter locations also reduce service time.
In addition, the Next Generation Excavators are also equipped with standard features like keyless push-button start, large standard 203-mm touchscreen monitor with jog dial keys for control and sound-suppressed rollover protective structures (ROPS) to offer the next level of operator comfort, safety and quiet operation.
Given all these features, the Cat 320 is expected to be the next big thing for Nation-building. Companies in general construction, mining, quarrying and agriculture can now use the equipment and experience its unique features that were made to do work more efficiently and productively. It will also help operators to deliver more work with less resources – in terms of time, money and labor force – spent. These revolutionary equipment are sure to positively impact your business and contribute greatly to continuous growth of the Philippines.
THE MAKING OF MONARK
It was in 1962, when a pioneering man, the late Mr. Onofre Banson, bought Caterpillar Machines and formed Monark International Inc. (MII). A few years later, Monark International moved into equipment rentals and the earth-moving contracting fields where it developed unmatched capability and gained a track record for excellence. MII became instrumental in many progressive changes in our country since 1960s
In May 18, 1987, Onofre’s sons – Jan-B and Louie–applied for a CATERPILLAR dealership this eventually led to them being named as the official dealer of Cat equipment here in the Philippines. The Monark-Caterpillar Sales and Service Agreement was a definitive milestone for the company as it signals the birth of the Monark Equipment we know today.
For over 30 years, Monark Equipment has been contributing in nation-building by catering to the equipment needs and as a world-class solutions and service provider for various industry such as manufacturing, power, construction, mining and agriculture in the country. In fact, Monark played a vital role in the completion of major power plant and dam projects in the Philippines such as; Pantabangan Dam, Magat Dam, Bataan Nuclear Power Plant, Makban Geothermal and Masiway Hydroelectric Power Plant, and among many others.
At present, Monark is widely known as a company that delivers world-class quality products and services. They put their customers first and renowned for their continuous innovations in order to provide equipment and services that can make work easier, smarter, and safer.
To know more about these Next Generation Excavators, Cat 320 and 320GC, please visit https://www.monark-cat.com/next-gen-hex.html or call (632) 635 0901 for more details.