Schick Philippines, Move Smooth, Shave Smooth teaches consumers how to choose the right razor.
Do you ever notice that every time you check out the razor cabinet at your fave grooming store, there always seems to be another “new” product or innovation?
While a lot of men have been growing beards or mustaches as it seems to be a style trend, I’m among the minority of men who couldn’t grow a beard even if my life depended on it.
So whenever I buy a new pair of razor blades, it becomes a difficult task to find the perfect razor blade because there are just a lot of products to choose from.
I did a bit of research and found out that selecting the right blade is important especially if you have sensitive skin and are prone to any type of irritation. Using the right blade can lessen your shaving woes and leave you smooth and stubble free.
There are generally two main options for razors: A traditional razor or an electric razor. Traditional razors are either disposable razors or safety razors.
Disposables are cheap and convenient, but they usually have low-quality blades that can irritate your skin.
If you have sensitive skin or thick hair, get a safety razor instead as you will want to choose a razor that allows you to change blades on a regular basis to avoid the problems that come with using a dull razor.
Ideally, you should change your razor blades every five to seven uses, especially if you are shaving coarse hair, such as facial hair or hair near the bikini area. Also make sure that you moisturize or use a shaving gel or cream as it acts as a buffer between your skin and the razor, reducing the chances of bumps or irritation and keeps your skin from drying out.
Last week I had a quick re-introduction to razor blades as Schick Philippines launched its latest campaign for 2018 – Move Smooth, Shave Smooth. The new campaign highlights two of its most popular products the Schick Exacta 2 Sensitive & Schick Exacta 2 System. The event held at the SM Megamall Activity Center also taught users on how to choose the right razor for them.
Here are five things to check when buying a razor:
- Safety Cap: Make sure it has a Safety Cap or cover to prevent you from accidentally cutting yourself and for proper storage. Schick razors has a safety cap with air holes that also keeps the twin blades dry.
- Easy to Clean: How do you clean your razor? Chances are you bang it on the sink a few times to get rid of the hair. Schick has a Clean button that makes cleaning the blades easier, push the button and just put it under running water.
- Easy on the Skin: Schick has Lubricating Strips with Vitamin E that helps protects the skin and moisturizes it as you shave to prevent razor burns.
- Rubber Grip: Go for a razor that has an ergonomically designed handle with a No Slip Rubber Grip to make handling and maneuvering easier when shaving. This prevents nicks & cuts since the handle gives you full control of the razor.
- Twin Blades are better: Twin Blades makes shaving faster and smoother especially if you have stubborn hair.
The Schick Exacta 2 Sensitive is a disposable razor especially designed for sensitive skin. Though it is disposable, it boasts of many features that ordinary razors don’t have.
The Schick Exacta 2 System is an upgrade. It is a reusable razor that also carries the same features as Exacta 2 Sensitive such as a Lubricating Strips is enhanced with Pro Vitamin B and Aloe Vera; twin blades are attached to a slim pivoting head that follows the contour of your face as you glide the razor giving you a very close and smooth shave. It also has the No Slip Grip and the Clean Push Button that is unique to Schick razors.
Schick Razors are proud products of Edgewell Personal Care and being distributed by Getz Brothers Philippines.
The event also bared the “Man of Smooth Moves” – Smooth Lee. He personifies the man of today – sleek, charming, fun-vibe, active and smart. His smooth moves make it easy for him to overcome challenges as he goes through different adventures facing the Shaving Villains. And with the help of Schick, he continues to spread smoothness one shave at the time.