While others had to sweat it out and Twerk it, all Kim Domingo had to do was smile, bite her lip and show a bit of tongue to get 16M views on Youtube and become the next “Pantasya ng Bayan.”
That video was posted in June and in just a year or so, Kim became a regular in several GMA shows like Bubble Gang, released her debut single Know Me and is set to appear in Vhong Navarro’s Mang Kepweng (a possible Metro Manila Film Festival entry).
Even more importantly she’s joins the roster of sexy elite Ginebra San Miguel Calendar Girls which include; Arci Muñoz (2016), Ellen Adarna (2015), Marian Rivera (2014 and 2009), Georgina Wilson (2013), Solenn Heussaff (2012), Anne Curtis (2011).
Here are some facts you should know about Ms. Kim and her Calendar Girl trivia!
1. She once joined Little Miss Philippines. Yup the same show where Pauleen Luna and Aiza Seguerra came from–i’m keeping my eyes on Ryza Mae Dizon 😀
2. She came from a poor family, and is still the breadwinner. One of the reasons why she was chosen as Calendar girl was her story; “Kim definitely personifies Ganado sa Buhay, our marketing campaign. She worked her way up to become one of the most recognizable faces in the entertainment industry today. Her story is an inspiration to every hardworking Filipino,” said GSM Brand Manager Paolo Tupaz,
3. Lucky Charm? As GSM Calendar Girl, Kim is also the muse of the Ginebra Gin Kings at the PBA–which won their first championship after eight years!
4. VITAL STATS: For those who love numbers, Kim was born February 3, 1995. She stands 5’7”, weighs 121 lbs. and measures 34-26-36.
5. She may look like a party girl, but Kim says she is not a Gimikera. “I am a Lola’s Girl and sobrang higpit niya; I wasn’t allowed to play outside and up to now. Hindi ako magimik. I’d rather stay home,” says Kim.
6. Car Show Favorite If you are a car enthusiast, you’d probably seen her at all the big car shows as Kim is a very famous car show model.
8. It starts with a B: She says she had only one enhancement surgery. Look up young man, look up.
9. Indecent Proposals: “Some offered me a car, house and lot, money. But she was never tempted to give in. Never po! I believe in working hard for the money, ‘yung pagtra-trabahuhan ko ang pambili ko ng mga kailangan sa buhay. I started working when I was only 14.
Kim shared that it has always been her dream to be an actress, and now that she is part of Ginebra San Miguel’s prestigious roster of brand ambassadors, she hopes that this will open up more opportunities to let her talent shine.
GSMI has released five layouts for its 2017 calendar with a “Cheeky and Geeky” theme, showing Kim’s fun and quirky side.
“Even when I was younger, I already had specific goals in life; I knew what I wanted to be and what I wanted to accomplish. Being an only child, I also learned to be strong and independent early on. I’m very grateful that my hard work and perseverance are starting to bear fruit now. So for our ka-barangays, I just want to send a message that if we remain strong, focused and ‘Ganado sa Buhay’, we will be able to achieve our goals and dreams,”
More than just a pretty face, the fast-rising star is also a girl of many talents. Aside from hosting, dancing, and throwing punch lines in the top-rating gag show “Bubble Gang”, Kim is also a recording artist, having just released her debut single, “Know Me”, under GMA Records.
GSMI flagship brand Ginebra San Miguel has been enjoyed by many for over 180 years and remains the no. 1 selling gin in the world, according to leading global drinks journal Drinks International. Other GSMI products are GSM Blue, GSM Blue Flavors, Ginebra San Miguel Premium Gin, Don Enrique Mixkila, Antonov Vodka, Vino Kulafu and Primera Light Brandy.